Monday, February 22, 2010

Wells Branch


Hey,
So the area I just got transferred to is called Wells Branch. It is in a city called Pflugerville (silent p). It is between Roundrock and Austin and so "Pflugerville is in between a rock and a weird place." At least that's what the bumper sticker about here says ;) We have a car here but my bike is still working great in case I ever need it. Its just sitting in our garage right now.

I really like the ward here. They are all friendly and there is a really good percentage of active people in the ward. We live with some members. Their last name is Bronson. Yesterday Brother Bronson was called to be bishop of the ward so it is gonna be great working with him so closely.

My companion is Elder Law. We were both serving in Walnut Creek at the same time back almost a year ago. He just was in the north and me in the south part of that ward. If you look at pics from my first area he would be the red headed missionary. We hit the ground running this transfer. I am really glad that I didn't have to get to know a new missionary. This way, we are that much more unified.

We both want to work out in the mornings too so that will be good for both of us and our health. Speaking of working out, I tried benching for the first time in a long time today. I struggled getting 205 up but I got it. So then I tried 225 and I failed. I guess I've weakened a little bit physically being out here, but the spiritual benefits are amazing. Lifting is just like the spirit. If we stop working out or don't work out the right way, we get weaker. From a spiritual perspective, If we don't do the things we are supposed to do (scriptures, church, tithing, commandments, etc...), and do them with a willing heart, then we might experience spiritual weakening. I know you all are awesome at doing those things but...... I saw the parallel and thought I would expound.
The weather here is like a big roller coaster. Its supposed to get below freezing tomorrow during the night but yesterday it hit the high 70's. I guess that's just the way it goes though.
I love you all and I pray for the best.
Love,
Elder Gray

P.S. I forgot to tell you one last thing. Elder Law and Elder Himes are from the same home ward in Brigham City. Cool eh

my new address is:
805 Cactus Bend Dr.
Pflugerville, TX 78660

No comments:

Post a Comment