Monday, February 8, 2010

Building Character

Hey,
How is everyone? You all enjoying the snow? I am doing fine here. Out of the last week we have had maybe 1.5 sunny days but that's ok because we need the moisture. We contacted a couple of former investigators and are teaching one of them right now. Also we had a super awesome lesson with a lady named Jennifer. She really came to understand the importance of baptism and why it needs to be done by the correct authority. She was going to be at church on Sunday. But then she wasn't home when her ride came to get her. We were really disappointed but so goes life. Hopefully she comes this next Sunday. Also we had splits with the ward members on Thursday. We went out looking for the ward members that were unknown people. I went with the elders quorum president, Brother Williams. We had some success finding a couple of members. They all were nice to us. Brother Williams and I also had a good conversation. He is a really smart guy and so I enjoyed talking about missionary work with him. He also worked at the MTC for three years after his mission.
This week wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst. As President Cutler would put it, it builds character. It has been interesting being a senior companion. Its a lot of responsibility. But luckily, Elder Best was really good at dividing the responsibilities so it wasn't too hard when I became the senior companion this last transfer. Lately I have been thinking its so weird that I am more than halfway done. It has definitely helped me to work harder. Its like the 400. The real winner seems to emerge in the last 200m of the race. That point is where the weak-willed are separated from the ones with the desire and strength to win. I have recently started to memorize scriptures again. I really enjoy it because I can pick a scripture and study all about it and then memorize it. I would suggest something like that if you are ever needing study ideas.
So as you might have noticed, my email address has changed. So send all mail from now on to this address christopher.gray@myldsmail.net. I can receive emails from anyone but I am only allowed to reply to ones from the family. Myldsmail teamed up with gmail and upgraded our email accounts. It is a lot nicer than the older format and it runs quicker. It is pretty much a gmail account but with a myldsmail address. Now instead of having 50MB of inbox space, we have 7.4GB (7,421MB to be exact).
Yes we are still living in our apartment. I don't know if they are planning on moving us out anymore. Transfers are a week from Thursday so I will let you know whats going on next Tuesday. I really think its a 50-50 chance that I get transferred but I guess anything could happen. That new rec center sounds fun. When is it going to be done? I had a pretty funny coincidence last night. I put in one of the John Bytheway talks and it happened to be one that he gave on Super Bowl Sunday two years ago. He also mentioned San Antonio in his talk. I had a good laugh about that.
I love you all. I hope that all is going well back at home. My prayers are with you.
Love,
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment