Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We taught a really neat family the other day

Hey!
How is everyone? Excited for Christmas? I know I am. This last week
went well. We had exchanges with our district leader, a ward Christmas
party, and all the other fun stuff that we usually do. We also did
tri-zone dodge ball last p-day. Its always fun to see all the
missionaries in the area (all the Austin zones) and talk. Elder
Finlayson, my last companion, is now a zone leader up in Roundrock. He
is a really good missionary. One of the hardest workers that I have
seen out here.

On Tuesday we had exchanges. Elder Maka came with me and Elder Best
went with his companion in Bastrop. It seemed like all my weaknesses
were exposed that day. We had a lot of fun though. But in the end it
was better for me. Elder Maka is a really straight-forward person. He
told me the things that I need to work on and the things I did well. I
am really grateful for him. He really helps us out.

For the Christmas party Elder Best and I got to talk for a couple
minutes about Christmas. It went well. I talked about charity and the
story about the Christmas orange. There was a good number of people
there. There were a couple of less active members and a couple of part
member families there.

We taught a really neat family the other day. Their names are Alex and
Lindsey. The husband is from Columbia and the wife is from here in
Texas. He has not been to church since he was fifteen and living down
in Columbia. She is not a member yet but they both have really awesome
morals. Their big focus is always helping people. They are both really
smart too. They are reading from the Book of Mormon and we are going to
talk to them again tonight. I am really excited. There is a lot of
potential in those two.

Tell Grandma and Grandpa that I did receive their dvd. I am not sure if
we will be able to watch it but I will ask. I really like those
Christmas cd's, especially the Spanish one. I also love the caramels.
Thanks! I'm excited to open all the rest. Have the best week and
remember the true meaning of Christmas. Go out of your way to help
somebody and make their day better. Even something small can make a big
difference. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment