Monday, September 14, 2009

Mixed Success









Hey!
So first of all before I forget, what do you all want me to get you, as
far as souvenirs and stuff? I've been thinking that I need to get you
all something. There is a mexican market here in San Antonio that we go
to every month or so. They have little mexican trinkets or shirts or
just about anything mexican or texan that you can think of. Its fairly
cheap too. Do you all want matching shirts? Or different shirts? Or
something else? Just let me know soon so I can get you all something.
If you want shirts tell me the sizes to get.

This week we have had mixed success. We are gonna baptize Roger this
weekend. His interview really helped him. He is a really good man with
really strong prayers. I am really excited to see him finally take this
next step. I will let you know how everything goes. We are going to
teach a family of 18 tonight. They live by some members of the ward.
We haven't met them yet but I think it will turn out well.

We started teaching a family that left New Orleans after Katrina. We
have met quite a few people here in Texas that were displaced by that
hurricane. Its crazy. The awesome thing about it though is that it
brought most of them closer to God, not further away.

It is starting to get cooler here too. Its nice to dip below the 100's.
It has been raining off and on for the last 4 days. That has been a
big, nice relief. I hear the weather here is really nice when its not
summer. I am excited.

So the strangest thing I have eaten here so far is either called pasole
or menudo. I can't remember. I've had both but one of them is made out
of some animal's stomach. Its a soup. It tastes pretty good as long as
I try to forget what actually is :) My favorite thing so far would have
to be anytime someone feeds us authentic mexican food. We bought a
watermelon from a truck off the side of the road last week. It was the
best watermelon I have ever had. With my haircuts I just have another
elder cut it. Last time I just buzzed my head and then Elder Finlayson
touched up the back. As far as bike riding, our area is fairly flat.
We do have a lot of gradual slopes though but nothing too horrible.
Thanks for the insights from President Bednar from the temple
dedication. I really enjoyed reading about it. It seems like
everything in all your letters is just what I need at the time. I know
that our Heavenly Father loves us all. He will always be there as long
as we are willing to do our part. I also know that Joseph Smith was
called by God to bring back the true church. I know that our prophet,
Thomas S. Monson, is called by God and receives revelation for us. I
love you all. Keep up the good work.

Con Amor (with love),

Elder Gray

PS I have been making lots of things lately out of that recipe book that
Ashley gave me. Thanks Ash! And thanks for that little Moroni
figurine, Justin. Whenever I look at it I try to remember to be as good
as Moroni was. Erik, you are a stud ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment