Monday, March 30, 2009

My testimony has to be strong when you have people questioning your beliefs constantly...

Hey everyone!
Everything is going good here. That is awesome about Ashley and Erik.
I am very proud of them. Congratulations to both of them. That is
awesome how well Ashley did. Erik too. I am so excited to see how good yall are when I get back from my mission. You two just keep on working hard and it will pay off in due time. I just wish I would have done the 800 a couple times. Was it the Pineview meet? How is Justin doing?

Anyways things are going really good here. We had a big storm with a
bunch of hail the other day. It was exciting. Luckily we were eating
dinner during the worst of it.

We are teaching a couple people right now (all in English). James and
Lauren are doing alright. They want to be part of the church but they
need to start keeping more commitments. They will go at their own pace
though. We are also teaching a woman named Alisha. She is real genuine and truthful, which is nice. She asks so many questions and she is really interested in all we have to teach. We taught her the plan of Salvation on Saturday. She soaked it all in like a sponge. She did have a couple questions that we are gonna have to do some research on. For example, she is wondering when we are in the celestial kingdom, why would we visit and teach people from the lower kingdoms. It is a really good question and we told her we would have to get back to her on that one. We have another appointment with her on Wednesday.

We have met a lot of different people here. Austin is really diverse.
Even just in our area is diverse. There’s plenty of Hispanics and
blacks, and then the closer you get to the university the more liberal
people there are. Most liberal people won't even listen to us. Same
with most of the hippies. Austin is said to be the San Francisco of
Texas so.......

It has been different being on a mission but I am finally getting
settled in out here. I really liked the greenie package. Good idea :)
The mini PMG sounds awesome. I can't wait for the next package. do you think you could send a couple wash clothes or rags in the next package.
please :)

My testimony has grown so much in this week and a half here. It has to
be strong when you have people questioning your beliefs
constantly.............

My testimony has grown a bunch out here. I am understanding more and
more about the gospel daily.

Thanks for everything. I am grateful I was born into such a great
family. I am so blessed. You are all in my prayers and thanks for
including me in yours. I hope the work continues to go good for you
dad. In construction and in your calling. Same with you mom. Keep
studying PMG. Remember, everyone, if you're not moving forward you are
moving backward. So keep up the good work! Stay close to the Lord.

Love,
Elder Gray

p.s. Thanks for all the random stuff in that package. Its fun to play with :)

another email sent 2 hours later
subject: more random thoughts from your missionary ;)

Happy Birthday to Brooke a couple days ago and to Justin in a couple days.

And with my debit card, I might have to use it occasionally for emergencies. Most likely I won't have to use it, but things happen so..... yeah

Remember to take at least a couple notes in conference. I wish I would have so I coulda remembered more than just a couple talks from my past years.

Love yall
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment