Monday, June 28, 2010

Hey!
So my new area is probably one of the ones I would have picked if I had the choice. It is in south San Antonio and we cover an English ward (10th) and a Spanish ward (Las Palmas). I am really happy to be in south zone again. Now I can talk to the other missionaries in my old area and see how everything is going there. We live with the zone leaders and they are training a new missionary. His name is Elder Dymock (pronounced dimick). His companions are Elder Criddle and Elder Bennett. I know both of them from earlier in the mission. My companion's name is Elder Swainston. He is from Bakersfield, California. He has only been out in the field for about three months. This is the first time I have lived with more than just my companion so it is a lot of fun.
This area and my last one are quite different. This one has a lot more people that are compelled to be humble. Its a little ghetto-ish I guess. There are a lot of baptisms in this area but the retention is pretty low. We are going to do all we can to keep them active. So far the work here has been really good. We have taught a lot of Spanish and English. We also set two little girls with a baptismal date yesterday. They are 11 and 9 years old. They are the only ones in their family that haven't been baptized. There are a lot of part member families in the ward. I am really excited to go out and help all these families. In Wells Branch we had an average sacrament meeting attendance of between 275 and 315 and here it is a lot lower. I would guess about 100 in each ward. But tenth ward has a huge amount of inactive members so our work is laid out for us. We have a car in this area but we will ride bikes occasionally once I get a new helmet. It has been beat up really bad and then it got lost somewhere this last transfer. Don't worry though. The reason its been beat up is because its been sitting in some other missionaries' apartment for the last eight months. I only put a couple dents and scratches on it ;)
Here's my address:
1727 Thompson Place #605
San Antonio, TX 78226
I'm happy that our family and extended family are doing well. I am doing well with my health. I think its been a while since I took my Reliv but I eat healthy. I haven't ever been sick enough to be stuck in the apartment. Just like before my mission, the only times I puke are when I run too hard. For some reason my stomach seems to be pretty weak in that regard. But anyways I am lovin it and livin the dream. I love you all and hope for the best.
Con amor,
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment