Monday, April 5, 2010

Make every day a good one!

Hey,
This week has gone by pretty quickly. We had a pretty good week. We had transfers on Thursday and my new companion is Elder Hawkins. He is an English elder. He has been out since July. He lived in Provo and went to Provo high then UVU. He played snare drum on the drum-line for Provo high. He likes electronics and even made an MP3 player out of an old NES controller. It is pretty cool. He is probably 3 inches taller than me. He is a lot of fun. I've known him for a little bit because I've served around him before.
We spent the morning with an awesome guy from the ward. He is less active because his job is always taking him out of town on Sundays. He is a salesman for Vitamix blenders. We went geo-caching. It is really fun. You all should try it out sometime.
General Conference was really awesome. I liked a lot of talks but President Uchtdorfs talks in the priesthood session and in the regular session as well as President Monson's Sunday morning talk were some of the best. I really liked learning about patience and the Lords master plan. I also liked Elder Bednar's talk. Some of the things he touched on, particularly being an agent that acts, is something that we learned from him when he came to our mission.
One thing that I would suggest for your question about the new ward missionary..... I don't think it matters too much what he is doing as long as he is able to feel like 'he' is making a difference and he is feeling the spirit as he helps others. I hope that helps. Just follow the spirit and I'm sure you will both do great.
I am happy to hear that you all are still doing great. Remember the Alamo (or at least your missionary by there). Haha but seriously if you get some time, read the story of the Alamo. That story is filled with brave men who put it all on the line. I love you all. Keep on keepin' on and make every day a good one.
Con Amor,
Elder Gray
PS If you could send 3 white church shirts that would be awesome. Wrinkle free if possible. I will send you the pics of my shoes asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment