Monday, June 1, 2009

"This is my life and I choose to make it a success"

♪♪chileeeeeeeeeeeee's baby back ribs (and barbeque sauce)♪



Hola ustedes,
This week was really good.  I went on exchanges with Elder Orme and Elder

Law this week. We had a lot of success. We found some new investigators.
And it was nice to have a little change for a bit. Also Mary got confirmed this
week. She wanted Elder Law to do it because she loves his "strawberry
red" hair :) She is really sweet. She was truly converted by the spirit so she
will be staying in the church. We talked to her about baptisms for the dead
and temple work yesterday. She is really excited to do that. Also we are
gonna get her in touch with the family history consultant in our ward. That is
another thing she really wants to get in to.
 
Bailey, our little 9 yr old, got baptized and confirmed by her grandpa on

Saturday. Her and her little brothers are a lot of fun.
 
This morning we had a district breakfast at our apartment.  We had

crepes with homemade whipped cream and a bunch of fruit. It was really
good.
 
So here's the deal with transfers.  They are going to be happening on

Thursday June 11. I don't know if I'm going or staying. More than likely,
either Elder Kleinman or I will be transferred. I will let you know next
Tuesday what is happening. Transfers happen every six weeks
and the p day before transfers is on a Tuesday (I think y'all already knew

that but just in case you didn't.....)
 
The mud from that incident came out of my tie and my pants and belt and

shoes. But everything white is wasted pretty much.
 
Thanks for sending my iPod and pants and everything else.  I really

appreciate all of it. I bet that took a while to put all those songs on the
ipod so thanks even more for all the effort :)
 
So for my little spiritual thought this week I am gonna share something

that is a little more motivational than spiritual. I found it in a Sports
Illustrated article last summer and have kept it in my wallet
ever since.  It is called the Pledge of Success:
 
"Today is a new day, a new beginning
It has been given to me as a new gift
I can either use it or throw it away
What I do today will affect me tomorrow
I cannot blame anyone but myself if I do not succeed
I promise to use this day to the fullest by giving my best, realizing it 
can never come back again.
This is my life and I choose to make it a success"
 
I really like this one.  I am trying the best I can to remember it.  I hope

I answered all your questions. I forgot to bring my letters here to the
library so sorry I couldn't answer the questions in the last letter. Stay
close to the Lord and I love you all.
 
Love,
Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment