Monday, November 1, 2010

New Area and New Companion

Hey,
So I just got transferred into a really awesome area. Its called Boerne (pronounced Burn-e). Its a lot different than my last area. There are a lot of rich people here. Its always exciting to have a little change-up. Each area has its own unique challenges and strengths. It reminds me a lot of what we had in Buda. Also, there's lots of deer here. We always see them outside our apartment. We are trying to devise a plan to catch one. No luck so far ;) But anyways this area has a lot of potential. I just hope I can make a difference the short time I'm here. We have a speaker coming on Nov. 14 for a fireside. Apparently she is really good at getting wards fired up about missionary work. I'm excited. On Saturday night we got to be taste testers for the ward trunk or treat party. We tried a bunch of different kinds of chili and a bunch of desserts. It was a lot of fun and it all tasted great. I got to meet a bunch of awesome ward members. One of them grew up in Hurricane so he updated me on all the region 9 football stuff. He told me about that safety that pulled Cedar to a win against Desert Hills and then said Cedar was gonna play Juan Diego or someone like that on Saturday. Who won?
My companion's name is Elder Bertoch. He is from Prescott, Arizona. He was in my district when he first came into the mission in Pflugerville. I'm glad I got a companion that I already know. In our district we have two elders that live with us, sisters in Kerrville and sisters in Fredricksburg. They are all great missionaries. I got to interview an investigator for baptism in Kerrville. He was a big football player type guy with a huge heart. He was very ready to be baptized and did so on Saturday.
As I was leaving my last area I realized how much I really loved that area. Honestly most of the time that I was there I was a little frustrated with what I thought was a lack of progress. But as I was saying goodbye to everyone I realized how much we had really done. The Samoan family, the Taala's, were hard to leave just because we had been with them through a lot. I really enjoyed that area, just like the others.
Yesterday on Halloween we worked like normal. The only thing we were advised to do was to not knock on doors later on. So we just visited members. Theres a great family, the Johnstones, that we had dinner at and then watched the Prophet of the Restoration movie. Their son is getting ready to go on a mission soon.
It sounds like you all had a fun Halloween. Is it cold there yet? It got down to 43 degrees the other night here. I had a great experience on Sunday. We didn't have any investigators at church so we went to the gospel doctrines class. Through a scripture, I recieved a renewed witness of the cleansing power of the atonement. I wish I could remember which one it was but its written down in my other planner. Thanks for sharing all your experiences. I know the Book of Mormon is true and so is the church. I love you all and hope for the best upcoming week.
Con Amor,
Elder Gray

New Address:
125 Cross Point Apt. #6204
Boerne, TX 78006


No comments:

Post a Comment